Queries Parents Need to Ask the Rehab Center Officials
If your child needs the support of drug rehab center to get treated for drug dependency, the initial facts you need to consider is to find a good well acclaimed rehab center. When you meet the officials of the rehab center, you need to ask them questions related to the treatment. Of course, their answers help in clearing your doubt and with full confidence, and you will be able to register your child’s name in the rehab drug treatment program.
It is better to choose a rehab having best and experienced health care staff like Anthony Louis Center drug addiction treatment center. There your child is treated quite efficiently without any issues and their recovery process will be quick as well.
Here are few usual questions asked by parents:
- Do they have residential medical team and care taking staff all the time? – Most probably all reputed rehab centers do have to take care of residential patients. Hence, doctors and nursing staff are there all the time to provide required treatment.
- Do you conduct any therapy sessions and workshops? – Yes, there are full time working counselors, psychiatrists, fitness instructors and even social workers conducting workshops to keep them engaged in creative work.
- What kind of treatment do they provide and are they same for every patient? – There are some common treatments and counseling sessions conducted for patients that totally depend on the drugs they are experimenting with. Patients falling ill mainly because of drug withdrawal symptoms are given special care of treatment. There are mentors taking care of their mental health as well.
- Does residential treatment differ from outpatient treatment? – Yes, they do as in residential programs patients are monitored all the time as they have endured drastic effects of drug addiction. Thus, they need special treatment compared to outpatients. After complete recovery residential patients are asked to visit the rehab centers in weekly or monthly basis as an outpatient to keep their body and mind fit to prevent the effects of withdrawal or relapse symptoms.
- Do you believe in giving reference of earlier patients to help us contact them? – Most of them do, some rehab centers even conduct discussion hours for the stressed parents to get some relief.
- Can they continue their school work while getting treated in your center? – Outpatients can do, however residential patients need to fully concentrate on getting well soon. Some rehab centers do allow home projects to be done while they are in the residential treatment care.